We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Friday, June 13, 2008

More Propaganda: "Top Ten Reasons Why Its Hard To Date A Black Woman"

Hold your pearls. There is a new survey out. This SCIENTIFIC study is the result of interviewing a whopping FIVE African American men.

According to Black State, these are the "Top Ten Reasons Why Its Hard To Date a Black Women" :

1. Black women make black men feel under appreciated, unwarranted and irresponsible and regressive.
2. Black women are too aggressive and no longer patient in waiting on the pursuit of a man.
3. Black women are strong headed, too independent which presents great challenges in relationships.
4. Black women are masculine in that they are controlling and like to run the relationship.
5. Black women expect too much. They are gold diggers who will not look twice at a blue collar black man.
6. Black women are hot headed and have bad attitudes.
7. Black women stop caring about their appearance after a certain age.
8. Black women are not as sexually open as other races, especially in regards to oral sex.]
9. Black women’s tolerance is far too low; they are no longer empathetic to the black man’s struggle in white America.
10. Black women do not cater to their men. Black State.
Oh Really? Somebody has been reading too many back issues of ESSENCE and Shahrazad Ali Don't believe this sexist propaganda. I could come up with my own list, but I don't want to paint all Black men with a broad brush. The list is actually more or an indictment against the men he spoke to than Black women.

I am so tired of Black women being criticized for not being docile, dependent sheep. Unfortunately, Black women can't afford to be dependent, we'd starve! You better go back and read Sojourner Truth's "Ain't I a Woman" There has never been a time in history when we've been able to be dependent:

That man over there says that women need to be helped into carriages, and lifted over ditches, and to have the best place everywhere. Nobody ever helps me into carriages, or over mud-puddles, or gives me any best place! And ain't I a woman? Look at me! Look at my arm! I have ploughed and planted, and gathered into barns, and no man could head me! And ain't I a woman? I could work as much and eat as much as a man - when I could get it - and bear the lash as well! And ain't I a woman? I have borne thirteen children, and seen most all sold off to slavery, and when I cried out with my mother's grief, none but Jesus heard me! And ain't I a woman?

I am so over this man shortage propaganda. Just one more thing to beat Black women over the head with because somehow EVERYTHING wrong in the Black community is the fault of Black women. It isn't as if Black men had ANYTHING to do with any of this. I love that this man is a doctoral candidate and thought it would be prudent to put out some type of study/survey after only interviewing 5 people.

Now don't go flame the brother, that would be playing into stereotypes. We don't want him to think we're angry, strong headed, independent or have a bad attitude. BWHAHAHA!

What About Our Daughters has received credentials to cover the 2008 Democratic National Convention. We are asking for your support in making sure that the voices, stories, and perspectives of African American women and girls are woven into the fabric of this historic event!Please consider donating by clicking our donate button in the sidebar.