We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Monday, December 31, 2007

Good Bye 2007 - I've Had the Time of My Life!

The truth is that you and your site will likely be forgotten in about a week and fade back into obscurity.

Jam Donaldson, Creator of “Hot Ghetto Mess”, WAOD Comments, July 31, 2007

As the year winds down, I find myself nearly to tears (I'm not a crier) because I want to just freeze 2007 in time and stay right here forever. I have been in a hurry my entire life. When I was 4, I wanted to be 5. When I was in elementary school I wanted to be in middle school. When I was in high school I couldn't wait to get out of my hometown and as I packed up my dorm room in college, I left and didn't look back. I was always focused on the “ONE DAY WHEN I FINALLY.” I was always headed on to bigger and better things. Well I can't imagine how anything could be bigger or better than the experience I have had with each and every one of you this year, including the critics.

I started this blog eight months ago with a simple question: Is there anybody else out there? It was a distress beacon put out online. I had no idea if anyone would hear it. I had no idea if anyone would care about what I had to say. I really didn't want to say anything. If I had known what was going to happen, I probably would not have started down the road.

I have truly had the time of my life and I want to thank all of you . I want to thank my lurkers. Those of you who come on here at all hours of the day and night and read and read and read and never say anything. I poke at y'all, but anytime I am in a crunch, y'all come through for me. There are so many of you whose names none of the other readers know who have hit up that donate button or forwarded an article, or just sent a word of encouragement. Some of you even took time out of busy schedules to go demonstrate on the streets of Ft. Worth, Austin, and D.C. You listen to the podcast, you buy those T-shirts and you don't ask for anything in return.

I want to thank all of the guests who agreed to come on my podcast. Especially those of you who came on loong before a controversy about a certain show on a certain network. All you knew was that I was a soul trying to do some good in the world and you invested your very valuable time. I want to thank my commentators and contributors, you keep me on my toes, challenge my ideas and make each other better. Plus y'all entertain me to no end.

I want to thank those who slandered and libeled me. There was a time when I would have crumbled under the relentless onslaught, but you have given me a gift and cured me of a fear of criticism. I want to thank all of you who participated in Sharpton Watch. I was just joking but y'all took me seriously and thus caused me to take myself more seriously. I want to thank D.L. Hughley for being a buffoon. Had he not gone on the Tonight Show and savaged the women of Rutgers AGAIN, I would never have been doing the research leading to my discovery of THAT NETWORK's plan for their fall lineup. I want to thank the commentator who brought up the Dunbar Village crime during a time when I was still in shock by what had happened there. She forced us to look this horror directly in the face and I could not turn away.

I have no idea what lies ahead in 2008, but one thing I hope we all know now is that we are not alone. We are not powerless. The challenges we face are not insurmountable. Now that we've found each other, I can't imagine what we can't do together.

2007- You were a very very good year!