We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oh Heck I've Got to Cosign Rev. Al - Responds to the Purported Title of Nas' Next Album

Tell the Devil to pull out a heater! I'm going to have to agree with something that my favorite pompadoured preacha' said recently. In case you haven't heard, Nas purportedly is going to title his next album niggas or something like that. Langston Hughes would be SO very very proud. Bossip was the first place I saw the story. Well everybody is weighing in on it.

Concrete Loop
put up these two videos from the American Gangster premiere. One is of LA Reid giving his unqualified support of Nas:

“We support everything our artists do, everything!” he added. “We stand firmly behind and beside our artists with pride and with pleasure. Anything Nas wants to do, I completely stand beside him. Nas is prolific, he’s prophetic, he’s a genius, an amazing artist of respect. So, while I’m not sure exactly all that [the title] entails, I know it’s smart, so I stand behind him.” CONCRETE LOOP


Well my favorite pompadoured precha' who has never met a red carpet he didn't want to step on was there to provide his thoughts on the purported title.


Rev. Al is RIGHT. The reason they beat up on Black women is because they couldn't get away with treating any other group of people that way. They call each other names because they wouldn't get away with calling anyone else names and Rev. Al is right *cough wheeze cough*

But watch as folks circle around Nas and denounce while letting the big money men off the hook. Imagine if Nas called his album a racist or derogatory term historically used to describe any other group of people. The label would 86 it in a minute.
So why is this treatment reserved especially for Black folks?

Because we let them get away with it. Personally I am glad he is doing it. Just like I am ecstatic that David Banner elected to go before Congress and act a plumb natural fool. Please. Please. Let the Hip Hop Industrial Complex's Slave Auctioneers continue to speak loudly and proudly.

They haven't figured out that they keep buzzing about the ears of a sleeping giant.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
Pastor Martin Niemöller



So now that the Hip Hop Industrial Complex continues to be the pied piper marching Black folks over a cliff, who is going to speak up and say "Um, No!"? Are you not weighing in because you think it does not affect you? You don't mind as long as they are not talking about YOU?

2008 is going to be an interesting year. I told y'all a civil war between black folks with common sense and those without is brewing. A commentor was right folks are burned out on this Thugged Out Minstrel Show. 20 years from now when life in the Black community (ALL OF US)is like one big old never ending Hip Hop video or album, who will be left to speak?

Let THAT marinate!