We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Canaries in the Mine: Atlanta area Boys 8 and 9 ALLEGEDLY rape 11 year-old girl ( 1.5 Steps From Rwanda)- UPDATESomething Ain't Right About This Story

Update: 11/21- WAOD ClnMike, one of the few males brave enough to wade into the comments section on this blog made the following comment:

You know the more I read about this story the more it seems funny sounding. You all might want to wait till after the invesitgation. I have yet to hear about a medical exam for the little girl. I'd hate for you to have to write up something if the story is not true. ClnMike

You know what clnMike- I agree, after reviewing the video associated with this case, I agree, in the words of Fresh from Crunk & Disorderly, "Something in the milk ain't clean."

Hmm. I remember being 11 with my younger cousins who were about 3 and 4 years younger than me and I could kick both of their behinds with one hand tied behind my back. So I am trying to figure out how an 11 year old couldn't beat the crap out of three or four 8 and 9 year olds.

ClnMike, you are right... let's wait for some more info to come out. Reading the story and watching the video gives it a different perspective. My foolishness meter is going off. hmmm. Where the heck did 8 and 9 year olds learn about this? Am I an old fogey? Out of touch? And let's be honest, SHE was the older child in this case. an 8 year old couldn't tell me ANYTHING when I was 11. For real, I wouldn't even play with an 8 year old when I was 11. Don't be surprised if the victim and the accused reverse roles before this is over.

I stand by my original post however, if 8 and 9 year olds are having sex, the world is going to hell in a hand basket! On an express train.

ORIGINAL POST

Oh goodness, EVERY TIME! EVERY TIME I TRY TO GO ON VACATION- FOOLISHNESS STARTS POPPING OFF!

Keep calling me the crazy cat lady if you want to, but maybe one of the reasons I am enraged over the silence about Dunbar Village is because I believe that it is a harbinger of things to come. It isn't an isolated case, but a part of a developing pattern. We've always had crime and there has always been sexism, but ten teenagers gang raping a torturing a woman and her child? Now THIS out of the Atlanta area:

“The victim said they were playing outdoors and the girl was forced into a wooded area where she was sexually assaulted, where one of the boys raped her,” Dennard told The Associated Press.The three boys — an 8-year-old and two 9-year-olds — were charged with rape, kidnapping, false imprisonment and sexual assault, Dennard said. SOURCE
This ain't my imagination! Now I don't know the race of the children involved. It doesn't matter. They are all watching the same tv channels, playing the same misogynist video games featuring the rapes and beating of women and some type of "goal" and listening to foolishness on the radio. What did we think was going to happen when we systematically targeted Black women and girls for dehumanization?

Dunbar Village ought to make you mad, but it ought to scare the hell out of you too! We're starting to see some chickens come home to roost and if you think this is bad in 2008, imagine 2028?

We're looking at Lord of the Flies unfold right before our eyes. For all of you who say "Oh, it's just ENTERTAINMENT", google "Joseph Goebbels"

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over Joseph Goebbels

Sounds like my local hip hop station to me. Keep repeating the lie that women ain't nothing but ho's and tricks and repeat! So we will dance to "Superman Dat ho'" and "She's a very freaky girl. you don't take her home to mama..get her name and number.. and then have her [perform oral sex on you] in the front seat of yo' hummer" Oh yeah, that is what is on heavy rotation right now. So let's see we got a narrow depiction of Black women and girls as nothing more than the sum of their parts, placed here to pleasure Black men and boys. Not human. AND REPEAT! Joseph Goebbels would be so proud of the Hip Hop industrial complex! Their intent is irrelevant. the results are the same.

Maybe it is because I am a student of history, but the dehumanization and assault on Black women and girls in popular culture parallels the same types of dehumanization campaigns that have preceded some of the most horrific events in human history. The similarities are striking. DISTURBING! No one ever realizes the damage until the its too late.


Think I am over reacting? You tell me...Three 8 and 9 year-olds. Then you have the tragic story of Daniyah Jackson on top of this news. Jesus. Take. The. Wheel! Happy Thanksgiving![NOT!]

Somebody. ANYBODY! ---Tell me WHAT you have to do to a Black woman or girl in this country to get people to OPEN UP THEIR MOUTHS AND SPEAK? What will it take? A gang of prekindergarteners attacking their teacher? Doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibilities these days.

Please review our earlier posts:
"We're 1.5 Steps Away from Rwanda"(October 25, 2007)
"8 Stages of Genocide: Sisters Which One Are We On ( This Ought to Scare You!)" (August 26, 2007)


*Dusts off her application for Canadian citizenship. I'm moving to a mountain in the Canadian Rockies. You wonder how I can lose 40 lbs since starting this blog, but have my BP head in the opposite direction. This foolishness right here is why! I need a donut! No really, I am taking off for the rest of the week. *