We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Thursday, November 15, 2007

DUNBAR VILLAGE COUNTER PROTEST MAKES USATODAY! - Picture of BlkSeaGoat Included - YOU GO BOY!

Y'all go out and cop a copy of USA Today tomorrow. BlkSeaGoat's protest is in there. YOU GO BOY!
Now read Rev. Sharpton's response. Maybe "Tamika the Terrible " the temper-tantrum-throwing-tiny-tot ( ain't alliteration something) drafted this one for him ( it has a certain TONE):

"If the victim in Florida would have called me, I would have come. … Justice is justice, no matter who the victim is, no matter who the victimizer." Rev. Al Sharpton on why he couldn't issue a two line statement about Dunbar Village.


If you are in the DC area, show up and keep BlkSeaGoat company. My readers continue to amaze me!

Here is more information from BlkSeaGoat's blog Black Sapience:

Date: Friday, November 16, 2007

Time: 11:15 am EST

Place: National Archives Building Sidewalk between

7th and 9th Streets, NW

700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Contact: Shane Johnson, 404.246.2677

Purpose: Counter-protest to Al Sharpton Rally

Housekeeping:

Please meet at the Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter Metro Station (Green Line) at 11:15am. I will be wearing a red hooded sweatshirt with INSPI(RED) written across the back. I will also have signs, placards, brochures and a megaphone. Contact me at 404.246.2677 if you get lost or need directions. I am encouraging people NOT to drive.

Staging Location:

We have a permit for the sidewalk in front of the National Archives Building with is across the street from the Justice Department. We will be as close to 9th street and Penn Ave. NW as possible. We will assemble between 11:30am and 11:45 am. I would like for us to be in position no later than 11:55am. We will disperse by 2:30 pm.

Please dress in warm clothes and layer your outfits. I expect the weather to be cool. Please also bring an umbrella or rain slicker.

Talking points:

I am not a fan of telling people what to do, but this is about DUNBAR VILLAGE and Black leaders' silence about black on black crime, especially when the victims are black women. Please keep your statements to the media in context, let’s remember why we are doing this.

Behavior:

This a peaceable assembly. Please respect yourselves and respect others.


Finally, YOU make all of this happen. Thank you for all of your hard work and your commitment.

“When I dare to be powerful, when I use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important, how much I am afraid.” – Audre Lorde


Be careful out there.