We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Friday, July 11, 2008

You can Vote for Citizen Journalist Faye Anderson to Replace Tavis Smiley

I think my feelings regarding Genarlow Wilson's enabler, Tom Joyner, have been well documented, but the departure of Tavis Smiley has left an opening an apparently there is some kind of contest to replace Tavis. A fellow blogger and citizen Journalist is running to replace Tavis and asking for your support. She is Faye Anderson from the blog, Anderson at Large:


Dear Friend,

I am one of eight candidates who are competing to be the next Commentator on the “Tom Joyner Morning Show.” The next voice “to elevate, educate, entertain and inform black America” will be announced in September.

The TJMS is heard by over 8 million listeners in 115 markets. You can also listen to it for free online at BlackAmericaWeb.com but you must register in advance at <http://insite.blackamericaweb.com/registration/signup_request/?goto=http%3A//www.blackamericaweb.com>.

I would greatly appreciate your vote and help in getting the word out to your friends, family and coworkers to tune in on Tuesday, July 15 at 8:10 a.m. ET for my five-minute audition. The broadcasts are archived at BlackAmericaWeb.com so you can tune in at your convenience.

Listeners will be asked to go to my page after my commentary and rate me. If you have a scheduling conflict and miss my commentary, you can still vote. Voting will be open from 8:00 a.m. ET to 8:00 p.m. ET on July 15.

If there are any questions, please send me a message. I thank you in advance for your support and assistance in getting the word out.

Best,

Faye
Since there is a dearth of African American women's voices, especially on NATIONALLY syndicated radio dealing with political issues, I wish her luck. Maybe she can ask him why he didn't provided full scholarships to the two girls who were in that hotel room with Genarlow Wilson.