We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Friday, June 8, 2007

"Respect Me Coalition" Marches on Interscope Records

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't make it through my positive post week, but sometimes in battle, you can't control what the enemy is going to do. I was having a Clark Sisters moment. With a little help from my friends, I had to be reminded that all is not lost. Therefore we end "Positive Posting" Week with an actual positive post, courtesy of Bronze Trinity.

The Respect Me Coalition marched Interscope Records. Of course Interscope did not respond. However, Akon's enablers, the United Music Group offered a statement. ( People focus on Interscope records, but the real enabler its the parent company UMG. Interscope is like a McDonalds franchise in comparison). Ask me why YOU shouldn't be buying a copy of the DVD for DreamGirls.

This is why I do this site. The next time you think that people don't care about what is happening to Black women in popular culture, you hear about something like this. Keep it coming.

Tomorrow, on my radio show, I will be reviewing When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost by Joan Morgan. You don't want to miss it. Come hear why I think Diaries of a Video Vixen (gasp) was a better book. Tomorrow at noon CST on The Black Women's Round Table

I was having a Clark Sisters moment this week, but this was a good way to end the week. For those you you who have been fighting the good fight and wondering if it is worth the effort, I give you the Clark Sisters circa 1982. Y'all have a good weekend.