I've decided to make Friday's post a "week in review" post and cover what we already talked about on WAOD this week as well as doing our very popular "What Other Black Bloggers are Saying" on a regular basis. Here we go... as always let me know what you think.
- We started off the week praising the work of Bridget Gray, if you haven't heard this, you should.
- Content Black Woman muddled up my plans to ignore BET until January and asked if there was anything we could do to protect Black children? I responded, yes, give up cable and satellite completely to avoid giving Viacom your cable subscriber fees. Just try it for 381 days, the length of the Montgomery bus boycott.
- Congress is holding hearings where the CEOs of Viacom, Warner, and Universal music may be asked questions, but upon hearing that Master P is the only known witness, one has to wonder if this will be just a dog and pony show. WAOD readers are planning to attend if it goes ahead on September 25th
- Juanita Bynum finally came out of hiding to speak about her husband, Bishop Tommy " The Hit Man Weeks". She still loves him y'all. The Devil is still planning to sue Bishop Weeks for slander. MoKelly has been all over this and TD Jakes! So has our Guest Contributor, Content Black Woman. Renita J. Weems also weighs in on "The New Face of Domestic Violence" over at Something Within.
- Black Enterprise decided to try to juggle rattle snakes while riding a unicycle and invited Eddie Griffin to their swanky corporate golf retreat... Guess what happened? Eddie bit them again, and again, and again. I can't even blame Eddie. Black Enterprise knew who and what he was when they hired him. More as well at Hybrid Nation. Read Black Enterprises' original press release where they were more than happy to promote Eddie's performance. What happened Earl Graves?Well according to reckless driver, Roland Martin, Black Enterprise is claiming that Eddie "promised" to do a clean show in his contract. My point is if you got to get a dayum contract provision for a clean show then you got the wrong comedian. What a weak explanation. You knew who you were dealing with BE. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Remember that now.
- The Black Blogosphere had some serious fun this week with the announcement of the winners of the Black Weblog Awards.
And Somebody knock moi over with a feather! Somebody went and nominated WAOD for an award without my knowledge and they gave us two awards one was "Blog of the Year" this was a fun distraction from our usual gloom and doom. I needed that diversion.
Don't forget about Dunbar Village, we are still on the case and Symphony over at Essential Presence has her ear to the ground. West Palm Beach is Still engaged in FOOLISHNESS, but that will change. Despite approving 40 MILLION DOLLARS to build a tourist promanade, they have run out of money for security patrols in Dunbar Village. Sweet Jesus. Just. Just. Take the wheel!
I'll add more posts from Black bloggers from this week on these topics later, leave suggestions in the comments
Have a good one folks!