We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Monday, March 10, 2008

Kwame Kilpatrick vs. Elliot Spitzer...Why Politician's Wives Sohuld Get Hazard Pay

If you ware married to a politician I want you to stop what you are doing right now, get off this blog and head on down to Kinkos and have them make a cardboard cut out of you looking stoic yet supportive and slightly dosed up on some as yet undetermined "nerve" pills. No really, I want you to do that because I want to spare you the trouble of having to actually stand by your man. When the newspaper reports that your husband has cheated on you with A) his top aide, b) a prostitute or c) another man, I think you have the right to a much deserved vacation. You should head towards the airport and tell the hubby to just take out the cardboard cut out and he can stand next to it. When he issued the standard non confession confession. Maybe outfit your cardboard cut out to shed a tear for added drama.



"Politics is not about individuals? Must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family? I will report back to you in short order? Um how long does it take to regain the trust of your family?"

So in case you haven't heard it appears the Governor of New York has been caught up in a "high class" prostitution ring. You can read the actual law enforcement documents at The Smoking Gun. The New York Times website crashed today under the weight of the traffic.

Now for comparison sakes, compare Kwame's Non Confession Confession.


Now I say that every politician ought to just go ahead and record a non-confession confession and throw it up on YouTube preemptively. Just so we'll have them ready to go.

Now I want to know who is worse, the politician who has a longterm clandestine affair with his chief aide, fires some police officers to cover it up, lies about it under oath, pays ( million of the taxpayers dollars to cover up the affair and then makes his wife sit side by side with him and issue her own statement while appearing to either be in a) shock or b)under the influence of something ( oh yes and there is that matter of the dead exotic dancer) OR the one that allegedly hires "high class" (as opposed to the ordinary garden variety prostitute" to do "unsafe things"?

Lewis told the prostitute she'd been told that Client 9 "would ask you to do things that, like, you might not think are safe -- you know -- I mean that ... very basic things," the affidavit says.

Kristen told Lewis, "I have a way of dealing with that. ... I'd be like, listen dude, you really want the sex?""I don't think he's difficult," Kristen is quoted as saying. "I mean it's just kind of like ... whatever ... I'm here for a purpose. I know what my purpose is. I am not a ... moron, you know what I mean." CNN.com

I hope the wife has already been to the clinic behind his "unsafe things" are you kidding me?I actually liked Spitzer. Even if you don't live in New York, his work as Attorney General actually benefited consumers through out the country. WIll he resign or take the Kwame Kilpatrick "I've been called by the Lord to stay in office" defense?


For those who follow these things, IF Spitzer steps down, he will be replaced by an African American Lt. Governor, making him the fourth Black Governor in US History. His name is David Paterson:

# David Paterson was born legally blind in Brooklyn in 1954 (Wikipedia)
# BA from Columbia University, JD from Hofstra Law School (Wikipedia)
# Former State Senator from New York's 30th District
# First elected to represent Harlem in the New York State Senate in 1985 (Paterson for New York)
# Elected Minority Leader of the New York State Senate in 2002, the first non-white legislative leader in New York's history (Paterson for New York)
# Ran New York City Marathon in 1999 (NNDB)
# Defended himself against bias claims last month after replacing white photographer with black photographer (New York Post) via Huffington Post.
Here is the requisite YouTube for those of you who like video.

On the other hand, at least we get a break from Super Delegate Derby ( which by the way will go on for the next FIVE MONTHS) BTW there is an election or something or the other in Mississippi tomorrow. Barack will win, Hillary will say Mississippi doesn't matter and then Saturday Night Live will do a skit about it... AND REPEAT. Somebody call me when this thing gets to Puerto Rico.