We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Give Up!:School "Rape Dance" Caught on Tape

Lord take me now! I'm ready. I've had a good life. I've been loved. I've loved. I've seen the Eiffel Tower. I got to swim with sting rays back before I knew they could kill you. Touched a glacier in Alaska. I have even had a bear encounter in the wild. I've rocked a natural, a perm, and braids. What more could a girl ask for? Sure, I didn't get to see the Great Wall of China. Never ran that marathon. Didn't quite make it to sky diving. But just open up the sky and take me UP!PLEASE!!! Because tell me lord what is the next 20 years on planet earth going to look like with these folks running around? Gina's plea to the Lord after watching a video entitled "Rape Dat Ho"

So what got me praying early Tuesday morning? Angry Independent sent me this clip. It was posted on YouTube under "Mitchell High School Memphis ... Rape Dat Ho," High school students have always tried to push the boundaries at high school dances, but I don't ever recall us standing around scream "Rape Dat Ho" while it was happening. DO y'all?? I mean I know I was in high school in the stone ages back in the 90's but did I miss something?

At least seven teenagers are seen on the tape engaged in dances simulating sex. Other students are seen and heard shouting, "Rape Dat Ho." The posted video lasts over a minute. There were no administrators or adult supervisors seen on the tape. WREG
You can look at the video yourself. Before you all go off on young Black men. You will note in a section of the clips three girls are engaged in a "dance". I don't even have the energy to try to do anytime of critical analysis. Besides I have to fill out my paperwork for Canadian citizenship or scout out some land in the Alaskan back country. Can you say salmon bake and reindeer sausage?

We really are 1.5 steps away from Rwanda. I was reading Character Corner the other day and Attorneymom had up a post and one of the quotes said something to the effect of "Civilization isn't about race, it is about standards." Well do we have any?

Also seen at:
Stereohyped