We moved!

Visit
WhatAboutOurDaughters.com
and update your bookmarks.

We're hanging out at our old Blogspot. whatabouroutdaughters.com is down :(

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

DL Hughley Coming to My Turf - The Universe is Mocking ME!


You know all I really want to do is chill out behind this keyboard and relax, but apparently the Universe has other plans, yet again. Thinking that I could take a few steps away from activism and return to logistics and strategy, I was horrified when I opened our local entertainment weekly and saw DL Hughley's grinning mug promoting his appearances in Austin on August 17, 18, and 19th. Are you freaking kidding me? He'll be at the Capital City Comedy Club 512-467-2333.

I've been after this fool on this blog since May 7, 2007. He is the reason we started Sharpton Watch. He is the reason I was on BET.com in the first place. When he was in Ft. Worth, one of my readers, Eddie, along with local grassroots organizations organized a successful protest, Hughley sold less than half of the available tickets. WHY LORD WHY?? WHY is the Universe mocking me? ( Gina picks self off the floor)

Folks hold on to your hats, we're in for a wild and wacky ride. At least I will learn how to organize and throw a street protest. This should be enlightening. Those of you who live in the lone star state, take off Friday the 18th. Come on down and take part in the festivities. ( And the college kids will be back in town too. HAHAHAHA!) More details to follow.

(Gina heads back on her posting vacation. Yeah Right!)